Friday, September 27, 2013

A Life Made Clear

   I have terrible eyesight! I can't see anything with out the assistance of contacts or glasses. Now of course I can see how many fingers you are holding up, I just can't tell who is holding them up. My eyes have been like this since I was a little boy.  I remember being about 8 years old and sleeping on my trampoline. All of my brothers and sisters were pointing out constilations and saying how butiful the shooting stars were. I really felt like I was missing out. I just couldn't see life as clearly as they could. Up until this point in my life I had never noticed that I see differently than other people. I assumed that everybody saw that way.
    I got glasses my first grade year and from there on, I could see clearly. Life was completly different. There have been instances where I lost my contacts on a vacation and I didn't have my glasses. I have no idea how I did it before. The trip loses some of it's fun. I still get enjoyment from those around me but it isn't the same. I can't enjoy life with out seeing it. (Although there are many truely blind people out there; I have the greatest respect for them.)
   When people are without the influence of Jesus Christ in their lives, there is something missing but they don't realize it. They think that they see life the same way everybody else does. They may be happy, but the peices don't all fit together. When these people see the influence that Jesus Christ has in the lives of others, they realize that they don't see clearly. They, most of the time then make the choice to follow Jesus Christ.
   As we go through our lives, many people don't realize how much they come to rely on Jesus Christ. They don't realize that without Him everything is out of focus. It is when they turn their backs on Jesus Christ that they see all that he has done for them. When I lost my contacts, life was tough to get around. I was always triping over stuff and struggling. This is what happens when Jesus isn't there. We hit trials and struggles and we have no one to help us.  
  We all need to see life a little more clearly. We need to up our perscription. We need to remember all that Jesus Christ has done, still does, and will do for us. All of our eye sights can be improved through reading the scriptures, through going to church, and most importantly through prayer. God wants us to see, but He can only help when want him to.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment